Registered Nurse (RN)
- Two Shifts (2) Schedule: Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Imagine working for an employer that treats its employees like family. At Minnesota Hospice, our culture is all about taking great pride in supporting and taking care of one another so we can take care of our patients and families at the end of life with extraordinary compassion.
As a local, caring community hospice serving hospice patients in the South metro area, our collaborative team ensures that although life is taking our clients in a direction they may not want, they can still see the beauty to live life as fully as possible on their terms.
As an On Call Registered Nurse-RN with Minnesota Hospice, you will be responsible for providing end-of-life care and hospice services to clients in their place of residence during the weekend days and/or holidays. We are a local community-based hospice. As such, your weekend on-call case activity will be much smaller and more patient-focused. We want you to embrace the best of yourself professionally and personally, empowering you to do your best work. Our promise to you is to give you all the support that you need to thrive as a team member at our company.
Position and Job Responsibilities:
- Local, community patient coverage (lower patient volume)
- Phone triage and patient visits on weekend day hours.
- Set up plans for patients’ care or continue to exist plans.
- Observe patients and record findings.
- Set up patient medicine and provide treatments.
- Consult with doctors and other healthcare professionals.
- Provide education/instructions to patients and families regarding disease and/or symptom management.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current nursing license in the State of Minnesota and CPR certification
- Sensitivity to feelings of the terminally ill and their families before and after the patient’s death.
- Knowledge of terminally ill patients and their families along with an understanding of the hospice concept
- Understanding the end-state processes of many diseases as well as providing culturally sensitive care and emotional support.
At Minnesota Hospice, we take care of our employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Mileage reimbursement
- Technology and Uniform provided
- Employee appreciation events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $37.00 – $44.00 per hour
- Home Health
- 8-hour shift
- On call
We provide all PPE and training.
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Required)
Work Location: One location
Interested in this Position?
Email your resume using the email link below, be sure to indicate which position you are applying.