Weekend Night Full Time Hospice On-Call Registered Nurse
- Three Shift (3) Schedule: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Imagine working for an award winner employer that treats its employees like family. At Minnesota Hospice, our culture is all about taking great pride in supporting and taking care of one another so we can take care of our patients and families at the end of life with extraordinary compassion.
As a caring community hospice serving hospice patients in the South metro area, our collaborative team ensures that although life is taking our clients in a direction they may not want, they can still see the beauty to live life as fully as possible on their terms.
As an On Call Registered Nurse-RN with Minnesota Hospice, you will be responsible for providing end-of-life care and hospice services to clients in their place of residence during the weekend days. We are a local community-based hospice. As such, your weekend on call case activity will be much smaller and more patient focused. Our commitment to you is to give you all the support that you need to thrive and do your best work.
Position and Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to do initial plan of care (i.e. admission)
- Local, community patient coverage (lower patient volume)
- Manage after hours, emergency patient calls and visits.
- Observe patients and record findings.
- Set up patient medicine and provide treatments.
- Consult with in house Nurse Practitioners.
- Provide phone education/instructions to patients and families regarding disease and/or symptom management.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current nursing license in State of Minnesota and CPR certification
- Sensitivity to the feelings of the terminally ill and their families before and after patient’s death.
- Knowledge of terminal disease progressions of ill patients and their families along with understanding of the hospice concept
- Understanding of the end-state processes of many diseases as well as provide culturally sensitive care and emotional support.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,400.00 per year
Interested in this Position?
Email your resume using the email link below, be sure to indicate which position you are applying.